Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog will be your source for classroom information, quick links, and
fun posts about our day. I will always send an email when there is a new
post to read.
I hope you enjoy and find it useful.


Thank you!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

READING WORKSHOP IN SECOND GRADE

Some groups like to listen to one another read out loud.








Other groups like to read silently in their heads and then talk about the chapter/book afterwards.
All readers are writing about what they read.
They might record an important thought, write about what happened in the chapter/book or summarize what they think the "big idea" or message of the chapter/ book is.

NEW CHAPTER BOOK READ ALOUD
We are trying to hold our own Book Club as we read this book.  Before each chapter begins, I post the question that we will discuss.  At the end of the chapter, we share our ideas and I record them on this Google Document-click on the link to read it:


CCS STUDENTS DID AN AMAZING JOB DURING OUR RELOCATION DRILL!

Here we are at the Congregational Church