Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog will be your source for classroom information, quick links, and
fun posts about our day. I will always send an email when there is a new
post to read.
I hope you enjoy and find it useful.


Thank you!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Shelburne Farms and More!

Our trip to Shelburne Farms was amazing!
I tried linking a slide show I made but I know that link did not work.
Let's try this:
click here for a photo album of our day
(I think you need "google photos" or "google + for this to work)

AND if this still does not work, I will be playing the slide show at our Back to School Night.
Tomorrow I will ask Mr. Bianchi how to share with you!! So much technology, so little time!


The mathematicians in our class have been working on solving story problems.  First we visualize what is happening in the story.  Then we decide what equation solves the problem.  Notice the "box" in the equations.  This helps us remember what we are solving for and is very important.  When we solve it we justify our strategy with a mathematical representation-draw a a picture or show your thinking some other way.
We teach our strategies to each other.  Other mathematicians listen and "revoice"the strategy they heard. We practiced this whole class one day.








The next day we continued solving problems.  We paired up with a math partner.  Partners practiced teaching each other their strategies and revoicing to each other.




This week with Mrs. Brady we talked about how often times things are hard for us and we need to "keep on trying"!




In Word Study we are learning about the digraphs-ch, sh, th, wh, and ck.  We practiced writing the words on white boards and underlining the digraphs.  We also worked on a new activity-a word sort.  Children had to read the words and then sort them by the digraph.





We are also spending time making sure that we learn to write lower case letters correctly!


We have a new typing program that all the children have now logged into two weeks in a row during Computer Lab.  Children can access this from home.  Got to the CCS School Web site, click on staff/students, then on line programs and then Typing Club.  Their log in name is their first name and last name- no spaces, all lower case.( ex: monicalubic) The password is: book1234.  If your child works on it at home please try to encourage them to use more than just their pointer fingers to type!



Four Winds-learning about the life cycle of insects.









On September 30 we will be going to the Flynn Theater to see Junie B. Jones' Essential Guide to School.  I have been reading several different Junie B. Jones books to the class.  They are loving her outrageous antics.

Image result for junie b jones stinkyjunie b jones stinky smelly bus   Image result for junie b jones little monkey business

Thanks for helping your children with homework!