Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog will be your source for classroom information, quick links, and
fun posts about our day. I will always send an email when there is a new
post to read.
I hope you enjoy and find it useful.


Thank you!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Spring has sprung!


On Monday we candled 2 eggs.  As you can see, one did not grow and one is a developing embryo.  
We hope that 5 out of 6 eggs hatch this week.
  



Writing Workshop-how we use a mentor text.
First I read this Henry and Mudge book.


One day, we searched for ways Cynthia Rylant makes her writing more interesting.  One way is really describing what the lost cat looked like.



Then we went back and revised our writing to make parts that we had already written more like hers.  Being able to return to your writing with a critical eye and make it better is a really important (and difficult) skill.




 Another day we studied the same book but with a different focus.  The chapter names really are the beginning, middle and end of the book.  
Then we tried it ourselves!




Realistic Fiction Read Alouds help us become better readers and writers.  

   Image result for the year of billy miller by kevin henkes


We had our last Whole School Morning Meeting.  Our topic was Challenge yourself.  
Afterwards, I read this book....

We brainstormed this list of Growth Mindset traits....


And then created these....
 







PS..not all were done as of Friday afternoon.