Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog will be your source for classroom information, quick links, and
fun posts about our day. I will always send an email when there is a new
post to read.
I hope you enjoy and find it useful.


Thank you!

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Fall is here!





One big focus has been on adding lots of details to our personal narrative stories

 
Here are some examples:




    

  

  

 

  

We are also learning how to set goals.  With a partner we reviewed our writing with a checklist and found areas we could improve upon.








Technology Skills with Mr. Miller-learning how to use Chromebooks



  

 



Word Study-vowel teams are tricky!

Sorting words by spelling rules



Readers using strategies!

  


  

The reading and writing connection!

 Learning about author's intent as readers....
 
Then trying it as writers..

   

Last two self portraits:


We filled our penny jar!  
Displaying CCS Be The Change Logo Image.jpg
We earned 152 pennies in the month of September.  I surprised the class with a mini celebration....a trip to a treasure box, stickers and a free period to color, work on mazes, or word searches!





Some of the books we have read the past two weeks:

Image result for I'm Here: With Audio Recording  Image result for Playing from the Heart 

 

We have started our first chapter book!
Image result for brambleheart

Thank you for your kind words and support about the 4H horse show at the Big E!

As you can see, the Vermont Delegates performed very well.